OBTAIN A PHOTO PERMIT or BOOK A TOUR
If you have questions or can’t book a photo session or tour, please feel free to contact us. Thank you!
• 1 hour minimum booking time.
• Booking times begin on the half-hour.
• If you require more than a 1-hour window, please book an additional session immediately following your first session.
• Calendar and additional options will appear once you choose a session length above.
• If you have any questions about photo permit booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Fee covers only a permit for shooting in the garden. No other service, utility or privilege is included or implied.
• Thank you and have a great photo shoot!
- Limit of total party is 6
- Wear masks whenever possible.
Purchase your permit before going.
Professional Portrait Photography for Arlington Garden
Arlington Garden is a beautiful setting for photos and capturing those special memories. We welcome commercial and non-commercial photography according to the policies and procedures below.
To ensure that the garden remains a beautiful place for all to share and enjoy we ask that ALL photographers follow the Garden Etiquette Guidelines below.
Please do not move furniture or other garden accents and refrain from entering the planting beds. Thank you.
Given the public atmosphere of the garden, all photo session activities shall be deemed appropriate and free from obscene content.
What Type of Photography Requires a Permit?
We require permits for photo sessions for weddings, engagements, elopements, family portraits, graduations, proms, quinceaneras, senior portraits, holiday cards, maternity or baby photos, or similar events, as well as fashion or product photography and photos taken for portfolios. This applies even when the photographer is a friend, family member, or other non-professional.
Photo equipment that photographers may bring into the Garden is limited to that which will not impede the enjoyment of other Garden visitors and will not pose a hazard of any kind to the Garden or its inhabitants. Costume changes and/or models are only allowed with a paid permit.
Arlington Garden reserves the right to prohibit any person or activity that is not in keeping with the spirit of our guidelines.
The types of photography that do not require a permit are restricted to nature photography and candid, unplanned photography for personal use that does not fall into the categories listed above. Personal portrait photography is posing for photos when the result will be for your personal, private use only.
Amateur photographers may not use their representations of the Garden for any public or commercial purpose unless approved by Arlington Garden.
Fees for Photo Permits
The $100/hour fee charged to professional photographers goes towards maintaining the garden.
A reservation at least 24 hours in advance must be made to ensure that your photography session is on our calendar. Please see the instructions and buttons above to view available dates and times on the calendar and to book your session.
We understand that the golden hour attracts many photographers, but for safety and health reasons, we can only accommodate 3 permits per hour. Please obtain your permits ahead of time.
Every courtesy will be extended to those wishing to use the Garden for photo sessions as long as the photography does not impede public use. Any and all pertinent state laws, county ordinances or department policies shall be fully observed.
Welcome to Arlington Garden!
We ask that while you are enjoying your time in the garden to please keep in mind the following guidelines :
- Refrain from climbing on trees, furniture and other garden features.
- Stay on the clearly marked paths. Do not step into planting beds.
- Respect the privacy and enjoyment of other users. Low voices are appreciated by other people, birds and wildlife in the garden.
- Keep water elements clean and free of debris for wildlife and birds.
- Please help keep the garden beautiful. Use trash receptacles or take out what you bring to the Garden. All trash left on the site has to be cleaned up by the volunteers.
- Children should be accompanied at all times. Arlington Garden is nestled in a vibrant neighborhood with lots of traffic on the east and south sides of the garden. For their safety please make sure your children are within view.
- We are free and open to the public every day except Tuesday from dawn to dusk. After dark we are closed and patrolled by San Marino Security.
- We are a public garden, SMOKING is illegal.
- We welcome pets but they must be leashed and kept out of planting beds. Please pick up after your pet.
- Please refrain from riding bikes through the garden. Walk your bike or park it.
- We are supported through community donations and usage fees. Professional photography is by permit only.
- The flowers and fruit are here for everyone to enjoy. The Navel Oranges from our orange grove are used to make our sweet orange marmalade which is sold to support the Garden. Please do not to take or pick any fruit or other plant material.
- Do not move the furniture.
- No glitter allowed in the garden.
- We hope you enjoy your visit!